Saturday 18 February 2012

Cornelia Parker "Neither From Nor Towards"

Richard Long/ Cornelia Parker
Sculpture Out of Landscape
Usher Gallery
I found "Neither From Nor Towards" By Cornelia Parker to be a really useful peice to look at as I am currently considering how to display the resin panels I have been  making. Parker has hung the weathered bricks from delicate strands of wire, this gives the work a really magical feel, it's as though the structure is stuck in limbo and at any moment could drop to the ground.
If I were to hang my resin panels in a similar way it could have quite a magical effect on the space. If for example the panels were hung in such a way that as people moved around them they sway and turn, the colours that they cast on the surronding space would constantly be in flux, moving and filling the space with a range of soft subtle colours.