Friday 24 February 2012

Liz Rideal

"Pigs Ear"
Li Rideal

My Inital work with fabric which led me to work with resin.

I find Rideals work to be very delicate and feminine. The images have a strong painterly quality, the soft fluid folds and creases in the fabric show movement and a fleeting moment. Captured in a photobooth the images remind me of my early imagery of fabric.
Currently my work  (both the resin structures and the photography)  have a strong sense of delicacy. The subtle and the gradual blending of colour and the soft yet dramatic lighting. To move forward I feel it would be useful to look at the "ephemeral" and also consider whether it is my photography work that is the artwork which I would choose to exhibit, and that as the resin structures lack professionalism, they are simply a means to a "finished" piece of artwork.