Tuesday 31 January 2012

Lighting

By using a desk lamp I've been shinning a light through the structures to get an idea of how the colours and fabrics light the space. The translucent resin pigment works well in casting colour, however the fabric does not cast shadows in the way in which I had foreseen.
From here onwards it will be important to consider.... firstly; the light source. If I plan on this being an installation peice I will need a fixed source of light that could possibly sit within the resin structure. Secondly; the addition of fabric needs to revised. Do I want it set within the resin with the aim that it will cast shadows or is it rather an asthetic addition to the structure. After all the peice of artwork is not only the way in which the resin affects its surronding space but also the actual structure itself.